just a few of the frequently asked questions we get about craftcation conference:
where should i stay?
craftcation conference is held at the crowne plaza hotel
450 east harbor blvd. * ventura, ca 93001
note: last year rooms sold out quick – so book early! the beachfront crowne plaza hotel offers two restaurants, ocean view bar/lounge, room service, outdoor pool, fitness facility, wireless internet and oceanfront patio.
what is included in my registration fee?
four day attendees get:
- lunch (friday & saturday)
- attendance at all business and hands-on craft & food workshops as well as panels and keynote speaker events (some craft workshops require an additional materials fee and pre-registration as space is limited in hands-on workshops)
- specials at local restaurants, bars and businesses
- city sponsored travel trolley tours
- entrance to special events like our opening celebration (includes dinner) and keynote address, happy hour networking social and 80’s dance party
- networking with fellow makers and craft industry professionals
- VIP room rates at our sponsor hotel
- welcome gift bag chock full of amazing goodies from our sponsors
when does registration close?
there are only a certain number of tickets available and once they’re gone, registration closes. registration begins in the fall.
can i attend for one day only?
Of course you can. One day tickets are available, click here to register.
how do i get to ventura?
we highly recommend traveling by train. if you fly into lax (the most cost-effective nearby airport) you can take the shuttle to union station and then hop on a train which will drop you off a few blocks from the hotel. there is no need for a car once you arrive in ventura. all of our events are walkable from the crowne plaza hotel and are centered in the downtown area which has tons of restaurants, bars and shops.
did we mention the awesome thrift stores ventura is famous for?
what should i do during my free time?
although we have a full schedule of events for all days of craftcation, if you find yourself with some extra time don’t worry-your event program will have a list of awesome places for you to check out. of course, there’s always the beach just steps from the hotel and the hotel pool.
can i share a room or ride?
YES! We encourage carpooling and room sharing. Please go to our forum to connect with fellow craftcation attendees.
what should i bring?
Anything you need for a weekend of business & craft workshop, including but not limited to…
- comfy clothes for hanging out, walking shoes, bathing suit & nighttime attire. Bring clothes that make you comfy and happy.
- business cards and samples of what you make.
- your laptop, journal, notebook, camera, sketchbook or other creative supplies.
do you accommodate disabled persons?
Yes, we make it a priority to ensure the comfort and access of all attendees. please contact us if you have special needs for the event.
oh no! i already registered, but found out i can’t make it to the conference. can i get a refund?
craftcation conference does not issue refunds BUT tickets are transferable. if you find out you can’t make it, try posting in the forums or on our facebook page. once you sell your ticket please email us the name and email address of the person who bought it.